Sunday, February 28, 2010

HUNGER ACTION WEEK!!!!

Hi! This week, my family and I are doing hunger action week. Hunger action week is where you try to eat on the amount of money you would get if you had food stamps only. My family has four people in it, so we are allotted $22.00 per day. Today is the first day of our week, and so far it doesn't seem very difficult. I think the part I will have the most trouble with is the fact that the only dessert we get is popcorn. I am used to being able to eat something sweet every day. I know I am addicted to sugar and that I need to do something to stop it, but I know it will be difficult for me. But, I am very glad we are doing hunger action week. So far, we have spent $128.00 and we get to spend about $30.00 more. I think we can do it. This morning, we ate oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch, I ate macaroni and cheese, and for dinner we are going to have roast chicken because then my mom can make a soup out of it and we will have two meals from one chicken. Here is a brief list of food items we bought:

Milk
Oatmeal
Whole Chicken
Oregano
Cheese popcorn
Tortilla chips
Popcorn kernels
Macaroni and Cheese
Beans
Rice
Bread
Tomatoes
Honey
Pasta
Turkey
Peanut butter
Jam
Olive oil
Tortillas
Cheese
ETC.